My interview on the Mr Barton Maths Podcast
- How does Will plan lessons? – we dive very deep into this!
- How do Will and his department try to create renewable lessons?
- Can Will describe a lesson that went badly, and what he learned from it?
- How is Will preparing his Year 11 students for their GCSEs, and what are his plan for students embarking upon the new GCSE specification?
- What has Will learned in 3 years of being a Head of Department?
- Then we delve into two fascinating areas:
- Firstly, what did Will discover during his amazing analysis into Prior Learning Dependency Flow, and what are the implications for the teaching of mathematics?
- Secondly, why does the concept of Memory fascinate Will so much, why is the distinction between Learning and Performance so important, and again what are the implications for teaching and assessment?
- What was the inspiration behind Numeracy Ninjas, and what are the future plans for the website?
- What does Will wish he had known when he first started teaching?
If you’d like to listen to the podcast it is available here:
For more info, including links to websites and resources mentioned in the podcast, visit this page on Craig’s blog.